14 January 2008

Tiffany gave another talk

I thought after both girls giving talks right after another in primary, I wouldn't have to worry about it for a while. Boy was I wrong! Tiffany changed teachers at the beginning of the year, so maybe the new teacher didn't realize that she just gave a talk. (Katie kept the same teacher, she simply advanced with the children). Well, I helped Tiffany again, suggesting sources and ideas-- which she mostly rejected. (This process took a long time) So, the end result is totally hers. She even found the scripture in Ephesians all by herself. So, I'll include here the text of her talk, because it was truly all hers:

Heavenly Father created the Earth because people needed bodies and needed to learn to be like Him. We can learn to be like Him by obeying His commandments. Heavenly Father has a plan for me to return to Him.

I need to be baptized. When I turn eight, I'm going to baptized. The reason Heavenly Father waits until I'm eight is that I've learned enough to be baptized. I will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and it will guide me. Doctrine and Covenants 39: 6 says “And this is my gospel—repentance and baptism by water, and then cometh the baptism of fire.” Baptism of fire means being confirmed into the church. “and the Holy Ghost, even the Comforter, which showeth all things, and teacheth the peaceable things of the kingdom.”

I need to go to church. I need to learn more about Heavenly Father and Jesus, and to learn the right ways. I like to sing at church. Singing to Heavenly Father and Jesus makes me feel happy. Psalms 108:3 says “I will praise thee, Oh Lord, among the people: and I will sing praises unto thee among the nations.” and in Psalms 66:4 it says “All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name.”

I need to repent. Doctrine and Covenants 18:10-13 says “Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him. And he hath arisen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance. And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!”

I need to be good on Earth. Ephesians 6:1-2 says “Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)” Obey your parents!

I need to pray often, so I can feel the Spirit guiding me from what is wrong. Doctrine and Covenants 112:10 says “Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.”

If I do these things, I will return to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ after I die.

No comments: