05 January 2008

It's Saturday!

Friday was a very good day. Since the schedule seemed to be working, I went all out and actually scheduled the whole day. I included two 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch. Everything went very smoothly, except Tiffany didn't want to go back to work after breaktime, so I threatened to take her breaks away on Monday. She sulkily went back to work. :) So, as much as I didn't want to plan every minute, I have to admit that it worked quite well. School ran from 9:00 to 3:15. Absolutely perfect! I'm a little afraid to find out what errand day will look like, though.

The only bad thing with yesterday is that Emily has come down with a nasty cold, lasting throughout today.

The only remarkable thing we did today was clean and rearrange Tiffany's bedroom. We put her bed near the light-switch, to encourage her to turn off her own light after reading at night. That's the idea, anyway. We'll see how it works out in real life.

Oh, and we planned another project to do before spring. We are going to build a three bin composting system. I've been wanting this for a long time. Right now the compost is laying on top of my garden, but it will have to move by spring, so I can plant there. It will be nice to give my compost a permanent home.

I also forgot to mention that Katie gave her first talk last Sunday. She asked the primary president to help her, so I watched. She did very well. She simply told a story from the Friend magazine in her own words, then told what she felt Jesus would want us to do- "be nice and do good things and believe in him."

No comments: